Thursday, May 31, 2007

Citrus Tuna Salad



As a kid I thought "tuna salad" was tuna fish on a green salad. In service to my original concept, I created this quick and simple dish which is ideal for lunch or a light dinner. The sweet orange and red pepper is a lovely contrast to the heat of the peperoncino and salty capers.

Serves 2

Ingredients

juice of 1 lemon
1 orange, segments separated and cut in half
1 red pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 can tuna
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 peperoncino, finely diced (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons capers

4 to 6 ounces mixed greens
toasted, sliced almonds, for garnish

Directions
1. Mix the first nine ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Distribute mixed greens onto two plates, and divide tuna mixture evenly.
3. Garnish with sliced almonds if desired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The gazpacho and tuna salad made my mouth water. Karen and I are going to have to get off our duffs and make some of your recipes.

- Matt